Saturday, November 08, 2008

scale

Magnificent spatial impression in my adulthood has been hard to find.
I mean, the grand canyon got me earlier this year - it WAS big.
But, were I only, say, 8, canyon de chelly would have changed my life.
though much less grand.
I understand the quests of lunatics.
The 20,000'+ crowd.
People who need simultaneous grandeur and limitless horizons.
Even I still find some perspective in the beach vista from a widow's walk.
But now, the view from a lighthouse hardly holds wonderment.
Some airports are still cool the first time.
But on the flight home, it's just a race to the baggage claim.
jading? I don't know the participle form, but I feel it.
Even my grandparent's old house, 3500 feet, when I was 5,
was a hundred times bigger than a 6500' house now, 2 decades later.
A Gehry building is a novelty, not a monolith.
Perhaps there are multiple edges slicing.

1) I have seen much.
2) I have imagined more.
3) I have seen into the sights and imaginations of others.

Photo, Film, Connectivity, Semi-Conductivity, Distribution, Transportation,

If I had lived without those, could I still be wowed?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

hey, we're not there yet people